Liam Cronin’s team face fellow South Tipp outfit Kilsheelan-Kilcash in last four of the competition on Sunday afternoon.Rovers were beaten in last year’s final by Clonmel Commercials.Their boss says getting through the penultimate stage of the championship is always a difficult task. Tipp FM will have updates from both of the Tipperary Water Senior Football Championship semi-finals between Kilsheelan-Kilcash and Moyle Rovers in Cahir and Loughmore-Castleiney and Clonmel Commercials in Boherlahan.Tipp FM’s Super Sunday of Sports is brought to you by Daly Fishshops Thurles and Nenagh.
US Open winner Angelique Kerber ends the season ranked first – the last time this wasn’t Serena Williams was back in 2012. Andy Murray is now officially the best player in the world.He’s replaced Novak Djokovic as world number one for the first time.British women’s number one Johanna Konta is 10th in the latest women’s rankings.
In the Champions cup Munster hooker Niall Scannell says they must perform better in the scrum this Saturday against Racing 92 than they did last week against Connacht.The Reds beat Connacht at the Sportsground but Scannell says they made mistakes which must be eradicated for this weekend’s rescheduled European game.
The Gunners are 5-1 down going into the second leg of their round of 16 clash with Bayern Munich at the Emirates.There are also reported issues behind the scenes, with Arsene Wenger denying Alexis Sanchez has fallen out with team-mates.In the nights other tie Real Madrid take a 3-1 lead to Napoli.
Waterford and Galway have both shown their hands ahead of tomorrow’s All-Ireland Senior Hurling Final.Galway have opted to start Johnny Glynn at wing-forward ahead of Niall Burke while Waterford have welcomed Tadhg de Burca from suspension.The sweeper comes in for the suspended Conor Gleeson.
Speaking further, Okoli explained that Asisat Oshoala is a brand synonymous with dogged determination and loyalty with a sense of discipline that is unrivalled as she has never ever been reported to be involved in any scandal whatsoever throughout her short but very illustrious career. Therefore a perfect image for Emzor brand.Asisat Oshoala who currently plays for one of the biggest clubs in world football, the Arsenal Ladies, has recently signed an endorsement deal with the pharmaceutical company. The company already sponsors the national football teams including Super Eagles and Super Falcons and Emzor Paracetamol a product of the company has been the Official Paracetamol of the national teams for almost three years.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The Founder and CEO of Nigeria’s foremost indigenous pharmaceutical company, Emzor Pharmaceutical Industries Limited Dr. Stella Okoli, has restated the company’s commitment to the development of Nigerian Football.Speaking on the recent appointment of Nigerian Female striker and the African Women Footballer of the Year, Asisat Oshoala as an ambassador of the company, Okoli said the idea is to encourage and associate with the best of the Nigerian Football.“As part of our unflinching commitment to the development of Nigerian football, it is our belief that by associating with stars who are promoting the image of the country positively by using their God given talent, we are indirectly encouraging others to always put in their best in their endeavours” She said.
According to Musa, who is the highest ranked ITF official in West Africa with a bronze badge, the election was supposed to have been held since 2015 but suffered series of postponements.He stated: “We have been planning to hold the election since last year because the tenure is for two years as the last one was held in 2013 during the Youth Games. However, our plan to tie it to a tournament like the National Youth Games did not work because tennis was among the sports that was dropped at the final hour and despite the effort that was made by the NTF President to have it restored by taking over the financial burden, only two national officials were in Ilorin together with the state officials.“Our other target was the National Sports Festival which from all indication would not hold this year again so we just have to find a date to go ahead with the election and that is why we fixed the election for Abuja.”“All it takes for our members is to find their way to Abuja on this weekend because as it is now, we have overstayed our tenure and our decision to tie it to a national tournament is delaying us further and we don’t want it to look like we are approaching it with a sit-tight attitude,”The AGM will be preceded by seminar to update members on the knowledge of tennis.Musa added that accommodation have been secured for all its members at the High Performance Centre, Package B of the National Stadium Abuja.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The Nigeria Tennis Umpires’ Association will this Saturday hold its Annual General Meeting/Election at the players’ Lounge of the National Tennis Centre, Package B, National Stadium, Abuja.The positions to be vied for includes Chairman, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, Financial Secretary, Provost and Public Relations Officer/Welfare will be contested for.Chairman Nigeria Tennis Umpires Association, Saidu Musa disclosed that the body has already contacted all its members “to display their commitment towards the progress of the association by making the sacrifice to be in Abuja for the election on December 10.”
â€œWe have to try to do everything to continue to have the possibility to fight for a place in the Champions League,â€ he said. â€œIt wonâ€™t be easy, we have to be realistic, but at the same time we have to give all of ourselves. I think that everyone has to show pride, desire and a will to fight until the end of the season. This is very important for me, for my staff and for the players, also because the supporters deserve at least this.â€West Ham have already beaten Chelsea this season though, winning the reverse fixture 1-0 in December and handing David Moyes his first victory as Hammers boss.When asked if his side could do the double, he said: â€œI hope lightning can strike twice and we can do it again. Iâ€™ve seen Chelsea quite a lot and theyâ€™re a really good team with some excellent players.â€œWeâ€™ll go there and give them great respect but with a game-plan to bring points back here to West Ham. They have to win all their games as a top club so donâ€™t think for a minute that they will switch off. We have to hope we catch them on an off-day and we perform well. If we do, I hope we can give them a really good game.â€ Chelsea could have both Thibaut Courtois and Pedro fit. The Belgian has been missing with a hamstring injury, with the Spain forward absent due to an unspecified knock, but the pair are in contention to return against the Hammers.West Hamâ€™s Michail Antonio will miss the game, as well as the rest of the season, following his injury against Southampton last weekend. Moyes confirmed Manuel Lanzini, who missed the game with the Saints, may featureChelsea have lost five of their last seven Premier League games (W2). Thatâ€™s as many as they lost in their entire title winning campaign of 2016-17 under Antonio Conte. The Blues havenâ€™t lost back-to-back home Premier League London derbies since 1999, when they lost 0-1 against West Ham in the March, before Kanuâ€™s hat-trick saw Arsenal triumph 3-2 in the October.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Chelsea will be looking to bounce back from defeat and continue their home run against West Ham when the two meet this afternoon at Stamford Bridge. The Blues were beaten 3-1 by Tottenham last weekend to extend the gap between Chelsea in fifth and the top four to eight points. However, they have not lost in 11 home Premier League games against the Hammers (W8 D3).Antonio Conte admits it will be tough to make a top four surge with just seven games remaining but the Italian still wants to see his players battling until the end.
Until his death, he was a member of the International Olympic Committee, President of the Global Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF) and Executive Committee member of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).Baumann who was a man of many parts was also the President of the 2020 Winter Youth Olympic Organising Committee, Coordination Commission and Chairman of the Los Angeles 2028 Summer Olympics.Kida described the late Baumann as an iconic figure and a leading light for many who contributed his best to global sports development especially basketball till his untimely death.“His level of dedication to global sports development was unparalled and dying in the line of duty just cemented his iconic status in global sports management.”While reminiscing on the good working relationship between the late Baumann and the NBBF, Kida said, “His last correspondence with the NBBF was in September when he sent a letter to congratulate us as the first country to qualify for the 2019 FIBA Men’s World Cup as he looked forward to seeing us in China.”Kida said the death should be a wake-up call for all basketball stakeholders in Nigeria to give their all in the service to humanity and basketball development because “tomorrow is not assured”.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The board of the Nigeria Basketball Federation (NBBF) has expressed shock over the sudden demise of Federation of International Basketball Associations (FIBA) Secretary General, Patrick Baumann, which sad event occurred on Saturday at the on-going Youth Olympic Games in Argentina.The board led by its President, Musa Kida said the death of Baumann who contributed to every aspect of basketball as a player, referee, referees trainer, coach and administrator has left a huge vacuum difficult to fill.“This is a great loss which has left us all in shock. Our condolence to his immediate family, FIBA, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and all other professional sporting federations he belonged,” observed the NBBF boss.
With first team action far between at Liverpool, Nigerian-born winger Bobby Adekanye has never hidden his intention to move away from Anfield and join Serie A side, Lazio. His wish has come to pass as he is set to be unveiled by the Roman giantsBack in March, Liverpool youngster Bobby Adekanye said he would not sign a new contract and wants to leave, with Lazio and Barcelona reportedly among those interested.The 20-year-old winger, who joined the Reds from Barca’s La Masia academy in 2017 but has struggled with injury, said he was disappointed with a lack of first-team opportunities and that he was not included on their pre-season tour to the USA. “I expected that I would get a chance at Liverpool sooner. Before I came, we talked about it. They said that if I had a good first season, I had a good chance of joining the first-team,” he said.“Due to injury, that did not come true. I had to undergo surgery at the start of my second season and then it is difficult to return.“Jurgen Klopp spoke to me and gave me tips. He said ‘keep doing your thing’. But in the end, I don’t think I appeared in his plans. If so, I have to look for something else. That is disappointing and it has helped me not to renew my contract.”Reports in Italy then claimed Adekanye has been offered a five-year contract to move to Lazio in Serie A, but the player insists that nothing is done with any club and there are other options – including a return to Catalonia.“That it would be completed with Lazio is not at all the case,” he said. “It’s not over yet. It is one of the clubs that is interested, but it is not yet 100 per cent decided. I also heard from Barcelona, in the Netherlands Willem II came by. I can’t name the entire list of clubs now, because then we will be busy tomorrow. But there is interest from, among others, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain.“In the summer I am going to talk about it with my family and business manager Junior Minguella, I am not worried that I have no club.”However, Adekanye had agreed a four-year deal with Lazio and is set to be unveiled as a player of Italian Serie A club Lazio.The former Barcelona and Ajax Amsterdam wonderkid has rejected a new three-year deal from European champions Liverpool and will leave the Premier League side as a free agent after opting not to renew his contract with the Reds because he was not guaranteed first-team opportunities by manager Jurgen Klopp.‘’Bobby is going to Lazio, the deal is 85-90 per cent completed. There are a few things to be ironed out before the transfer becomes official, ‘’ a top source close to Adekanye said.‘’He has one leg in Lazio and will sign a four-year contract. He is happy with Liverpool but the coach did not give him a chance the way he was giving chances to other players.’’The 20-year-old Adekanye watched the final of the Coppa Italia between Lazio and Atalanta last month.Before now, his agent has hinted that the future of his client may be in Italy, with the midfielder due to leave the Anfield club this summer.Speaking to Corriere dello Sport, his representative said: “Adekanye still hasn’t decided on his future, but we are close to an agreement. You’ll know in the next few weeks.”When asked whether the reports on Lazio making a move for the player were true, he added: “They showed interest and a good project for Bobby. Contacts started a bit over a month ago. He’s very interested in playing in Italy, very happy about Lazio’s interest and the possibility of playing there.”The former Ajax and Barcelona youngster made it clear that he needs to leave Liverpool to get more first team chances elsewhere, with the wide man never having made an appearance for the club’s senior side, and Lazio are keen to bring him in on a free transfer.Adekanye has pace, power and plenty of quality on the ball as well as the ability to play on both the left and right hand side of the attack.Adekanye has shone for Liverpool’s U-19s and U-23s but had not yet made the step up“I talked to the sporting director, Igli Tare. He thinks that I can become a good player and that coming to Lazio could be a good choice for my career. I am following all the Biancocelesti matches. In Serie A I could enhance my qualities because I like to attack,” he noted.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram