The virus, which was first recorded in China in December, has spread across the Gulf and beyond. Most cases in the Gulf Arab states are among people who either travelled to Iran personally, or were infected by people who had visited the Islamic Republic.The United Arab Emirates, a major air transit center, business and tourism hub, has advised citizens and residents against travelling abroad and all schools are closing for a month from Sunday.Events across the country have also been cancelled or postponed, while some sports, such as horse racing and soccer, are going ahead without any fans in attendance.Saudi Arabia has closed it land borders with the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Bahrain, with an exception for commercial trucks, and is only permitting flights from those countries to three of its airports. Topics : The number of coronavirus cases in the United Arab Emirates has risen to 45 from 30, the Health Ministry said on Saturday, as other countries in the Gulf region also reported new infections.Kuwait recorded three new cases of the coronavirus, bringing its infection tally to 61, while Qatar reported its 12th case, the Health Ministries in the two nations said on Saturday.Saudi Arabia reported two new cases on Saturday, a woman coming from Iran, via Bahrain, and another one from Iraq, via the UAE, bringing the total number of infection in the kingdom to seven, according to a statement from the Health Ministry. Dozens of Saudis have come forward after authorities called on Friday for people who had been in Iran during the last two weeks to inform officials, the state-run Saudi Press Agency reported on Saturday, citing the Health Ministry.Members of Saudi Arabia’s Shi’ite minority tend to keep their trips to Iran secret due to a bitter rivalry between the two countries. Sunni-led Saudi Arabia cut diplomatic relations with Iran in January 2016.The Saudi Press Agency said 95 Saudis have come forward to say they are currently in Iran, while 26 said they had returned from Iran. Another seven said they were in a third country after having visited Iran, SPA said.Iran has reported one of the highest death tolls from the coronavirus outside China, with 145 deaths reported up until Saturday.Kuwait has suspended flights to and from Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Bangladesh, the Philippines, India and Sri Lanka for a week, and has banned the entry of foreigners who have been to those countries in the past two weeks.Dubai-based Al-Arabiya TV cited Bahraini health officials saying on Saturday six new cases of coronavirus were confirmed in the Gulf state, bringing its total number of infections to 62.
Ministers have agreed a 600-billion-euro “economic stabilisation fund” offering 400 billion euros of guarantees for companies’ debts, 100 billion to lend directly to or buy stakes in troubled firms, and 100 billion euros to fund state investment bank KfW.Meanwhile the amount of company borrowing KfW can guarantee has been boosted by 357 billion euros, for a total of 822 billion.To keep their liquidity flowing, companies will also be able to delay tax payments.Read also: Indonesia’s budget to fight COVID-19: What we know so far Berlin will guarantee 100 percent of loans made by banks to small- and medium-sized firms, German government sources told AFP Monday, in an extension to the 1.1-trillion-euro coronavirus crisis package in Europe’s top economy.The federal government will stand fully behind 500,000 euros (US$540,000) of lending to companies with up to 50 employees and 800,000 euros for larger ones, upping its guarantee level from a previous 80 percent for large firms or 90 percent for smaller ones.Berlin’s economic aid so far totals over 1.1 trillion euros, the finance ministry said in an answer to an opposition parliamentary question seen by AFP Monday. Berlin says it will offer 50 billion euros of support for small and one-man-band companies, like photographers, musicians or carers.Depending on the number of employees, individual companies will receive up to 15,000 euros each to keep the lights on over a period of three months.Meanwhile freelancers applying for unemployment benefit will not be forced to seek new work.Germany has also eased access to a programme that tops up workers’ pay with government cash when their hours are slashed.The scheme is widely credited with saving large numbers of jobs during the financial crisis of 2008-9.Berlin expects more than two million people to work shorter hours in the coronavirus crisis, far outstripping the peak seen over a decade ago.To cover the costs, the federal labour agency (BA) will start eating into its massive cash reserves of 26 billion euros.With 156 billion euros in new borrowing to fund the largesse and extra health spending, Berlin has been forced to suspend a “debt brake” added to the constitution at the height of the financial crisis in 2009.A further 82.2 billion euros of measures have been announced by Germany’s federal states and municipal governments, as well as 63.2 billion in guarantees.Topics :
The Surfers Paradise sky mansion features crystal chandeliers and a full stocked bar.Stretching from one side of the building to the other the grand design features double timber doors into every bedroom and Carrara marble floors. Circle on Cavill penthouse, 2681/9 Ferny Ave, Surfers Paradise. A JAW-DROPPING penthouse which was once Gold Coast nightclub kingpin Jamie Pickering’s party pad is being sold fully-furnished — including all eight of its luxury televisions.Bigger than an average Gold Coast suburban block and sitting 220m above Surfers Paradise, the stunning penthouse in Mantra’s Circle on Cavill is being marketed by Ray White Surfers Paradise’s Jordan Thams for a cool $6.5 million. The penthouse takes up the whole level. Stunning views are captured from the bathroom.It’s an amazing opportunity in Surfers Paradise and it doesn’t come around often.” As well as crystal chandeliers, the four-bedroom penthouse also has its own 12.5m private swimming pool, sauna and outdoor television. The Circle on Cavill penthouse captures 360 degree views.In 2015 the 555sq m penthouse was previously on the market for less than a week with a price tag of more than $5 million. Since then the property has been rented out for as much as $3000 a week. While Mr Thams said he had only been marketing the property for a little more than a week, he was confident it would sell this year. More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North5 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day agoThe penthouse has been rented out for as much as $3000 a week. The owners of the luxurious sky mansion are Russian-based company Diligence Group Pty Ltd, associated with Ivan Fuflygin, who added the penthouse to the multinational property portfolio in 2012.According to Mr Thams the Russian owners are letting go of their Gold Coast investment because they are unable to visit often. With eight televisions in the lounge room even the pool has its own. “They live in Russia and they don’t use it as much as they would like to,” Mr Thams said.“It is only early days but we have already had interstate interest.”Mr Thams said the new owner would have nothing more to do when they walk through the door than toast their purchase from the fully-stocked bar.
Tweet Share 25 Views 3 comments LocalNews Jackson ordered to serve six months imprisonment for wounding by: – June 4, 2012 Sharing is caring! Share kiwani JacksonA young man, who pleaded guilty to wounding a young lady as a result of a dispute at a local bar in 2010, has been ordered to serve an imprisonment term for six months commencing today.Kiwani Jackson pleaded guilty to “wounding Elsa Samuel on 22nd October, 2010 at JR’s Bar and Restaurant with intent to disfigure her.Jackson, who was at the bar with his girlfriend and another female at the time, confronted Samuel because she attempted to use the bathroom which was occupied by his friends at the time.He reportedly “slashed the left side” of Samuel’s face causing “a 15 centimeter long laceration which extended from the ear across the jaw bone almost ending at the chin”. Samuel received 30 stitches to her face and according to Dr. Andrew who treated her at the hospital that the wound will not heal without leaving a “permanent scar”.At the High Court on Monday Justice Birnie Stephenson-Brooks said she had received and read a social inquiry report from Jackson’s probation officer and an antecedent report from the Director of Public Prosecution which had given her a “glimpse” into Jackson’s life.“I think there is no reason that would be satisfactory as to why you could have slashed the young lady across her face leaving her with a 15 centimeter scar and apart from having that offensive scar, she also suffers from pains. She is unable to eat certain foods and she is unable to yawn, for no reason. You did not even know her to say you had a bone with her,” the judge noted.Elsa SamuelJustice Stephenson Brooks said in the pre-sentence report Jackson told the probation officer that he came accustom to carrying a knife on him during his stay the USVI, as it was acceptable there, but that was a motive she was “not willing” to accept.“I am not going to accept that reason from you as this offence occurred in October of 2010 and in February of that same year you appeared before a magistrate for possession of an offensive weapon. I have to make sure the punishment you receive will deter you and remind you that you are no longer in the USVI but in Dominica”.Although, his attorney Kondwani Williams “pleaded, begged and urged” the Court to “consider imposing a fine, compensatory award to the victim as well as to visit schools to speak to students about deviant behavior,” Jackson was given a prison sentence.“Taking into account the principal of sentencing; the fact that you [Jackson] have previous convictions and also the fact that you pleaded guilty, although not at the first possible opportunity I am mindful to sentence you to three (3) years in prison, but I am suspending 2 ½ of that sentence for 2 ½ years, so you will therefore serve six (6) months in Prison during which time I encourage you to ponder on your ways,” Justice Stephenson-Brooks said.Jackson will begin his six (6) month sentence today (June 4th, 2012).Dominica Vibes News Share
The ban will include jail terms of up tothree years for offenders. INDIA – The production, import and sale ofelectronic cigarettes was banned in this country, Finance Minister NirmalaSitharaman said. India – with over 100-million adult smokers– is the world’s second-largest consumer of tobacco products after China, andmore than 900,000 people die in the country each year from tobacco-relatedillnesses. Its ban came a day after New York becamethe second state in the United States to prohibit the use of flavorede-cigarettes.(BBC) India has over 100-million adult smokers and is the world’s second largest consumer of tobacco products after China. GETTY IMAGES Vaping – which involves inhaling a mixtypically made of nicotine, water, solvents and flavors – is seen as analternative to smoking which can help you quit, but its impact on health isstill not fully known. Sitharaman added an executive order wasapproved banning vaping products due to its impact on young people.
MANDAN, N.D. (May 26) – Jeremy Keller scored his second IMCA Modified feature win of the year Friday at Dacotah Speedway over Mark Dahl. Shawn Strand finished third while Marlyn Seidler made a late race pass to finish fourth ahead of Tracy Domagala.While everyone raced alongside the guard rail, Keller decided to go to the high side. One by one, Keller picked off drivers for position and the high line gave him the extra momentum to cut into Domagala’s large lead.A caution on lap 12 was the last thing Domagala wanted to see as it put Keller and Strand on his rear bumper. It was a three-car battle for the lead on the restart but Keller took the lead with 11 laps to go.Keller started to pull away as Domagala now had his hands full with Strand and Dahl. Dahl used the high line to pass Domagala and Strand for second.Chase Schlafmann ended Jason Berg’s Mach-1 Sport Compact winning streak by a matter of inches.The front pair had to dodge a spun car before crossing the finish line. Alex Thompson finished third.
MUMBAI, India (Reuters) – India’s cricket board (BCCI) said yesterday it will earn 58% more per match for the next four years as Paytm retained the title sponsorship rights for international and domestic matches, underlining the game’s undiminished popularity in the country.Cricketers are the highest profile athletes and enjoy rock-star status in the world’s second most populous country. Paytm’s bid showed the semi-final defeat to New Zealand in the recent 50-over World Cup has not dented the sport’s popularity.Digital payments company Paytm, owned by One 97 Communications, will pay 3.27 billion rupees ($45.78M) for the 2019-23 period to the BCCI, which is the richest national cricket board in the world.The winning bid was 38 million rupees (about $532,000) for every match compared to 24 million rupees that Paytm paid in 2015 to win the rights then.“We are excited to continue our long-term association with BCCI and the Indian Cricket Team,” Paytm chief executive Vijay Shekhar Sharma said in a statement.“Our commitment to Indian Cricket gets stronger with every season. India loves cricket and we at Paytm are the biggest fans of it.”
Abdelilah Hafidi scored the only goal of the game as the Green Eagles secured a vital victory. They are looking to advance into their first continental final since winning the CAF Cup (the predecessor to the Confederation Cup) back in 2003.The People’s Elephant will have the odds stacked against them as they chase a first CAF club final since winning the Champions League for the second successive year back in 2004.Enyimba goalkeeper Theophilus Afelokhai, who has recently shaken off an injury, stresses that the Nigerian side need to keep their determination in Casablanca.“I have fully recovered and I have been training without issues for the past few days now. It was important that I was rested for the game with Kano Pillars and it has allowed me to recover fully,” the shot-stopper explained.“We are all working towards the same target which is to ensure that we surprise our opponents in the second leg. We are not deterred by our first leg result and we are all focused on the same goal which is to secure a positive result that will take us to the final in Casablanca next week.”Raja coach Juan Carlos Garrido says his team will have to put up another strong performance to secure a place in the final.“We knew the strength and weaknesses of Enyimba before the game and we set our tactics to reflect that,” said Garrido after the first leg.He added, “We have to play another very organised match and beef up the team to ensure that we play very well if we have to qualify for the next round.”Gabonese referee Eric Otogo-Castane will take charge of the match in Casablanca. The aggregate winners will advance into next month’s final against either Egypt’s Al Masry or DR Congo giants AS Vita.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Raja Casablanca will look to secure progression when they host Enyimba for the second leg of the teams’ 2018 CAF Confederation Cup semifinal tie tomorrow.The match is scheduled to kick-off at 9pm CAT at the Stade Mohamed V in Casablanca.The Moroccan side come into the match holding all the cards: not only will they have home advantage, but they also boast a 1-0 lead from the first leg at the Enyimba International Stadium in Aba on October 3.
For the fourth year in a row, USC student-athletes achieved an all-time high graduation rate, according to NCAA data released last Wednesday. USC student-athletes who started school between 2007 and 2010 recorded an 86 percent six-year graduation success rate, 3 percentage points higher than in 2016. It also marks an 18-point increase over the past 10 years for USC.“We are delighted that our student-athletes continue to perform well in the classroom,” senior associate athletic director Magdi El Shahawy said to USC News.Out of 18 sports programs tracked by the NCAA, five recorded perfect graduation rates: women’s soccer, men’s and women’s tennis, men’s golf and women’s rowing. Four other sports had rates over 90 percent: Women’s water polo and women’s swimming both had a 96 percent rate, women’s basketball had a 92 percent rate and men’s volleyball had a 91 percent rate.USC’s football program had an all-time high graduation rate of 73 percent, and 12 USC teams either raised their graduation success rate or stayed at the same rate. Men’s golf and men’s tennis increased the most, both by 20 percentage points. Men’s and women’s track both increased 13 percent, while women’s tennis also recorded double-digit improvement, with a 12 percent rise.“There is a culture of academic success in our athletic department,” El Shahawy said, according to USC News. “And it is evident when data like this comes out.”
Liam Cronin’s team face fellow South Tipp outfit Kilsheelan-Kilcash in last four of the competition on Sunday afternoon.Rovers were beaten in last year’s final by Clonmel Commercials.Their boss says getting through the penultimate stage of the championship is always a difficult task. Tipp FM will have updates from both of the Tipperary Water Senior Football Championship semi-finals between Kilsheelan-Kilcash and Moyle Rovers in Cahir and Loughmore-Castleiney and Clonmel Commercials in Boherlahan.Tipp FM’s Super Sunday of Sports is brought to you by Daly Fishshops Thurles and Nenagh.