CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA PART 3

first_imgAdvertisement Advertisement Brina’s Back.Netflix’s streaming hit Chilling Adventures of Sabrina got the Winter off but is back filming Part 3 today.Parts 3 & 4 filming dates: May 17th to February 20th, 2020. Facebook LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Login/Register With:center_img Sabrina Movie Advertisement Sixteen more chapters.Cast: Kiernan Shipka, Gavin Leatherwood, Ross Lynch, Jaz Sinclair, Lachlan Watson, Michelle Gomez, Miranda Otto, Lucy Davis, Chance Perdomo, Tati Gabrielle. Twitterlast_img read more

Alberta Metis continue legal battle to prove they existed

first_imgAPTN National NewsA court ruling crucial to the future of the Metis land hit the Metis people as they commemorate the death of Louis Riel.A Metis hunter from southern Alberta has lost his appeal Wednesday to have his hunting and fishing rights recognized.But the Metis in Alberta insist that the ruling could be a victory in disguise.APTN National News reporter Noemi LoPinto has this story.last_img

EU Brexit chief laments slow progress but hails new dynamic

first_imgBRUSSELS – The European Union’s chief Brexit negotiator warned Thursday that talks on Britain’s departure from the bloc are weeks, possibly months, away from making substantial progress, despite hailing a positive new momentum in the negotiations.Britain is scheduled to leave the EU on March 29, 2019 — the first member country ever to do so — but the talks must be wrapped up by October 2018 to allow time for parliaments to ratify it.More than a year since Britons voted to go, and six months after London triggered the two-year countdown to Brexit, the talks are still in a preliminary phase. Many EU leaders fear that time will run out, leaving a messy divorce that would be damaging to both Britain and its European partners.After a fourth round of negotiations concluded in Brussels, Michel Barnier said: “We will need several weeks, even several months, to be able to see ‘sufficient progress’ on the principles of this orderly departure.”Britain’s Brexit negotiator David Davis was more upbeat, and told reporters that the negotiations had “made important progress.”EU leaders insist the talks must make “sufficient progress” on Britain’s financial settlement, the rights of citizens hit by Brexit and the status of the Ireland-Northern Ireland border before they can be broadened to include future relations and trade between Britain and the EU.Britain the issues are intertwined and should be thrashed out together.EU leaders, minus British Prime Minister Theresa May, must rule on whether and when “sufficient progress” has been made. They had been expected to do just that on October 19-20 at their next summit, but Barnier’s assessment assures that this tentative deadline will be missed.Barnier said Britain has not yet identified the amount of the financial commitments it will make as part of the divorce agreement, although it has agreed to pay its 2019 and 2020 budget share, part of the EU’s long-term budget arrangement agreed on around five years ago.“The only way to reach sufficient progress is that all commitments undertaken at 28 (member states) are honoured at 28,” the former French government minister said.Barnier and Davis acknowledged that they had failed to bridge differences over what role the European Court of Justice should play in the future. One of the main Brexit referendum campaign themes played on public discontent with the Luxembourg-based ECJ ruling on British interests.“This is a stumbling block for the EU,” said Barnier.Still, he hailed the “new dynamic” that May’s speech in Italy last week had inspired and the more detailed British proposals that had resulted from it.Davis agreed that things had changed.“We are making decisive steps forward,” Davis said, adding that much progress was made on ensuring the rights of citizens who will be hit by Britain’s departure. Those include 3 million EU citizens living in Britain and 1 million Britons living on the continent.EU officials have previously said Britain’s offer to EU citizens falls short of guaranteeing the rights they have now. Barnier said Thursday that progress had been made but a “big gap” remained in some areas.In a rare joint statement, British trade unions and British employers called on the U.K. and the EU to offer more certainty to individuals and businesses. They said “after 15 months of human poker, the uncertainty facing 4 million European and U.K. citizens has become intolerable.”The Trades Union Congress and the Confederation of British Industry said “a clear guarantee of the right to remain for citizens in both the U.K. and EU27 is needed within weeks.”___Jill Lawless in London contributed to this story.last_img read more

Statistics Canada says wholesale sales climbed 15 per cent in October

first_imgOTTAWA – Statistics Canada says wholesale sales increased 1.5 per cent to $63 billion in October, led by the machinery, equipment and supplies subsector.The increase more than offset a 1.1 per cent drop in September.The agency says gains were made in six of seven subsectors, while wholesale sales in volume terms gained 1.2 per cent.The machinery, equipment and supplies subsector reported the largest increase in dollar terms for the month as sales climbed 5.2 per cent to $12.7 billion.The personal and household goods subsector rose 3.4 per cent to $8.9 billion.The motor vehicle and parts subsector was the only group to fall as it slipped 2.3 per cent to $11.8 billion.last_img read more

TransLink pauses campaign featuring Morgan Freeman after allegations surface

first_imgVANCOUVER – Metro Vancouver’s transit authority is pressing pause on a promotional campaign featuring Morgan Freeman, following a report detailing allegations of misconduct against the actor.TransLink said in a statement Thursday that it has decided to halt public announcements voiced by Freeman that had been set to play in the transit system as part of a Visa Canada advertising campaign.“In light of information we’ve learned this morning of allegations regarding actor Morgan Freeman, TransLink has decided to pause his voice announcements,” the statement said.“We will be reaching out to Visa to discuss further.”The allegations are based on a story from CNN, which said it spoke to 16 people about Freeman; eight said they had experienced harassment or inappropriate behaviour, and eight said they had witnessed such conduct. The reported allegations include making comments about women’s bodies and unwanted touching.After the allegations were made public, Freeman issued a statement through his publicist apologizing to anyone who may have felt “uncomfortable or disrespected” by his behaviour, saying that was never his intent.The actor’s distinctive voice was to be broadcast for a limited time at certain SkyTrain stations and bus routes in Vancouver to encourage commuters to tap their Visa cards as part of TransLink’s recently launched “contactless” payment system, which accepts credit cards and mobile wallets.Visa Canada said in a statement Thursday that it is “aware of the allegations that have been made” against Freeman.“At this point, Visa will be suspending our marketing in which the actor is featured,” spokeswoman Jessica Culp said in an email.Freeman narrated a series of online ads posted on the credit card company’s YouTube page touting the new “tap-to-pay” feature, sharing local trivia and reminding riders about transit etiquette.“Did you know that California rolls were invented in Vancouver?” he says in one video. “If you’re off to the latest sushi spot, know that you can now tap your Visa to go anywhere TransLink takes you.”As the controversy unfolded Thursday, Vancouver-raised comedian Seth Rogen offered to lend his voice to local transit.“If they need a replacement now let me know,” Rogen tweeted. TransLink replied to the actor on Twitter, offering to start a direct-message conversation.Freeman won the 2005 Oscar for best supporting actor for “Million Dollar Baby.” He was nominated four other times, including for “Driving Miss Daisy” and “The Shawshank Redemption,” and is renowned for his prolific voiceover work.— with files from The Associated Press.last_img read more

Saina’s run ends with loss to Tai Tzu Ying at All England

first_imgBirmingham: Saina Nehwal’s dismal run against nemesis Tai Tzu-Ying continued as she suffered yet another defeat against the Taiwanese to crash out of the USD 1 million All England Championship, here Friday. A former finalist, Saina couldn’t find answers to the deceptive strokeplay of the World No 1 Taiwanese, going down 15-21 19-21 in the 37-minute quarterfinal clash. “I had my chances but I got tied up in the last two points,” said the 28-year-old from Hyderabad. Also Read – Dhoni, Paes spotted playing football together “My coach was saying ‘make it slower’, but when you are on the edge of winning a game you tend to get a little more hurried up and I made that mistake again, it cost me the second set. “I’m happy that I’m getting closer to the top players. I’ve not been sleeping because of the pain I’ve been having in my stomach (due to diarrhea), but I’m really happy that I could play two matches here.” Saina is now 5-15 in Head-to-Head career record with Tzu-Ying and it was her 13th straight defeat against the Taiwanese, who has not lost to the Indian since 2015. Also Read – Andy Murray to make Grand Slam return at Australian Open “It’s good that I’m playing her again and again. I have to learn how to beat her,” she said. Tzu-Ying, who had retired at the Hong Kong Open last year due to a waist injury, seemed to have recovered well as she went about her job with consummate ease at the Arena Birmingham. Tzu-Ying’s arsenal of strokes was in full display as she rushed to a 11-3 lead. Saina produced two superb drops and won nine of the next 12 points to narrow the equation to 12-14. Tzu-Ying then came out with a flurry of her magical strokes to move to 20-13 and sealed it comfortably. In the second game, Saina enjoyed a five-point cushion at 8-3 in the second game after husband Parupalli Kashyap pleaded her to play disciplined badminton. Some exceptional strokes helped the Taiwanese to gather a few points but Saina ensured a 11-8 advantage at the interval. The Indian tried to keep Tzu-Ying at the backline with her deep tosses but fatigue, perhaps due to the bout of diarrhea ahead of the event, affected her. Tzu-Ying’s deceptive strokes often left Saina wrong-footed as she moved ahead of the Indian to 17-15. Saina made it 19-19 with a successful line call. But two precise returns on the Indian’s backhand ended the match in the Taiwanese favour.last_img read more

February PE, VC inflows increase 51% to $2.6 bn; exits at $472 mn

first_imgMumbai: Private equity and venture capital investments jumped a healthy 51 percent in February to touch $2.6 billion, driven by higher number of large deals, says a report. According to the data collated by consultancy Monday, February saw investments worth $2.6 billion across 61 deals and exits worth $472 million involving 10 deals. Both investments and exits were supported by improvement in deal activity in listed securities as stability in financial markets after the volatility in the previous few months, it noted. Also Read – Maruti cuts production for 8th straight month in SepIt observed that February saw nine large deals worth $1.8 billion as against four large deals worth $655 million in February 2018 and four large deals totalling $1 billion in January 2019. Softbank and Carlyle’s $415 million investment in Delhivery was the largest deal in the month and also the largest PE/VC deal in the logistics sector ever, it said. During the month, two buyouts worth $262 million compared to four buyouts worth $273 million a year ago. Also Read – Ensure strict implementation on ban of import of e-cigarettes: revenue to CustomsStartup investments stood at $156 million across 32 deals, down 52 percent from $325 million across 31 deals. Credit investments were at $548 million,the highest in previous 12 months on the back of a $350-million debt funding into ReNew Power by Overseas Private Investment Corporation of the US government, it said. Financial services was the top sector with $712 million across 13 deals in February 2019 as against $619 million across 13 deals in February 2018, followed by logistics with $470 million across four deals as against one deal of $2 million in February 2018, recording its highest ever monthly investment on the back of the large investment in Delhivery. E-commerce with $35 million across five deals against $362 million across nine deals a year ago, which is generally among the top sectors recorded a sharp decline in deal value, it observed. It noted that exits were at $472 million, almost three times the value recorded in February 2018, on the back of a rebound in open market exits in wake of the volatility in the stock markets subsiding. There were four open market exits worth $351 million, more than three times the value recorded in the same month last year and highest in past six months, it said, adding there was also one PE-backed IPO that saw Goldman Sachs and Kuwait Investment Authority-backed Chalet Hotels listing. The largest exit in the month saw Bain Capital and GIC selling 5 percent in Genpact for $324 million, it added. It observed that funds worth $285 million were raised and fund raise plans worth $779 million being announced. India Life Sciences Fund raised $250 million for its third fund was the largest fund raising. “With large investments by Softbank and buyouts by funds like Blackstone, True North, Aion, the appetite of PE/VC funds for deals appears to be strong, notwithstanding prevailing uncertainties around global growth and impending general elections beginning next month. Underlying deal activity remains robust across large and mid-sized deals, although valuations appear to have corrected for many sectors compared to pre-September 2018 levels. We think 2019 could very well be one of the best vintages year for Indian PE/VC investments,” EY partner and national leader for PE Services, Vivek Soni said.last_img read more

New town open air gym spreads fitness mantra

first_imgKolkata: In a unique move to create health awareness among the local residents, the Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation ( HIDCO) recently came up with an open gymnasium at New Town.This is for the first time an open air gymnasium has been set up in a township. Providing facilities to ensure sound health of local residents is the most important prerequisite of a clean and green city. Fitness equipment have been installed at the bus stations so that Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari Pujathe passengers can workout while waiting for the bus or can do it after coming back from work in the evening. The machines that have been installed are chest press, air walker, arm wheel, sit up bench, leg press and cross trainer. In New Town, hundreds of men and women go out for morning and evening walk and jogging. They will be able to use these machines free of cost to keep themselves fit, said a senior HIDCO official. “One has to get membership in gymnasiums to use such machines and the charges in gyms are high. The same kind machines they will be able to use at the open air gymnasium at free of cost,” he said. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayTushar Sil, former Mr Asia who runs several state of the art multi gyms in the city lauded the effort of HIDCO and said: “Many young boys and girls along with elderly people are going to gyms to keep themselves fit. After walking or jogging if they do work out at the open-air gym for some time that will keep fit. He urged the he Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation authorities to take steps for publicity so that more and more people are inspired to keep themselves heathy and fit. Some machines such as the cross trainer or leg press are highly effective to reduce obesity and maintain the strength of leg muscles.” PK Thakur, who is a doctor, also lauded the effort and said: “The way diabetes and obesity cases are increasing up among the people, particularly the youths, physical activities have become mandatory. If people can do light exercise with the help of machines that will help them to keep fit and control the disease. In the Western countries, open air gyms are available but the effort to develop the habit to exercise among the residents is welcome initiative.”last_img read more

Cheezy Butter Chicken Croquettes

first_imgIngredients Chicken Tikka Pieces 250 g For Marination Oil 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp Red Chili Paste 2 tbsp Coriander Powder 1 tsp Chat Masala 1 tsp Hung Curd 2 tbsp Kasoori Methi 1 tsp Butter & Cheese for basting Also Read – PUMPKIN MASH, TAMATAR RASSAFor Makhani Gravy Tomato 500 gm Cashew Nut 100 gm Red Chilli Powder 1 tbsp Salt ½ tsp Mawa 20 gm Butter 20 gm Cheese as required Kasoori Methi 1 tsp For Crumbing Refined Flour 100 gm Egg (beaten) 10 nos Also Read – DATES AND MILK CRUMBLE Bread Crumb 500 gmPreparation Marinate the chicken with all ingredients. Keep in the fridge for 1 hour. Skewer the chicken pieces and cook in tandoor for 12 minutes by basting with butter on all sides. Take out the chicken tikka and roughly chop it. For preparing Makhani gravy, boil the tomatoes with cashew nut, red chili powder, salt, mawa, butter and kasoori methi for half an hour. Grind the gravy into a smooth consistency. Now, heat a pan. Add gravy and chicken tikka chopped and cook for 5 minutes. The chicken tikka makhani is ready. Now put the chicken tikka makhani on a tray and keep in the fridge for 1 hour. After the chicken is set on the tray cut them into 2 inch pieces by running a sharp knife vertically and then diagonally. Now dust the pieces with refined flour and then drop them in beaten egg and then dust them with bread crumb and fry them in hot oil till golden. Serve with mint chutney. (Courtesy: Nukkad On Wheels)last_img read more

Lacazette reveals how long it took him to adapt to PL

first_imgAlexandre Lacazette has admitted how long it took him to adapt to the Premier League while stating how confident he is about improving his performance in his second season in England.Lacazette scored 17 goals in 39 appearances in all competitions in his first season at Arsenal which by far lesser than his performance in Lyon where he scored 36 goals in 39 appearances in the final season.“Arsene [Wenger] talked to me a lot, I watched videos, and I trained more. Sometimes you can do everything but it’s only about a little bit of luck,” Lacazette said via Sky Sports.“I know it was my first season so I can’t be too hard on myself, even if I wanted to score more.”Jadon SanchoMerson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“Now I know all of my team-mates, I know the club, I know how English football is, it’s totally different, but now I’m more ready,” Lacazette added.“Power is the main difference, it’s more powerful in England.“Referees are less strict than in France, teams like to play low and in counter-attack and defenders in general are stronger than in France.”last_img read more